Wednesday 24 April 2013

Zoo Golf

Our latest game under development came about after Apple rejected our first submission for Kids MatchPoint Challenge. Not knowing if and when Apple would approve the game I didn't want to see all of Chris's hard work go down the drain, so I thought to myself, how I could reuse some of this wonderful art work.




I came across a Mini Golf Starter kit and had the idea to use the animals from Kids MatchPoint Challenge as the basis for the mini golf course platforms. My daughter Sammy drew some extra animals in Illustrator, my brother Brett help make some new course sections via blender, my brother Mike helped generate some good ideas for game play and my mom has been an ardent and through tester. The game still needs a lot of work but we are getting a leg up by using the following packages from the Unity3D asset store (in no particular order).

EZ GUI, Autopilot, HOTween, Camera Path, Toon Shader, Finger Gestures and Pro Builder. I also have plans to integrate Megafiers, TNet. Mobile Terrain  and Localization. (insert asset store links)

Chris continues to help, having created and textured some 3D models to help decorate the courses. As it gets farther along I will start getting some other folks to help play test it.

Link to some screen shots (link)

Note this post is incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment